Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vacation Fashion: What "We" Wore Wednesday


Recently Jenna @ Delighting in Today had a little fun showcasing what she wore on vacation.  We had the chance to go out of town for four days last week-- much-needed family time after Brian's super-busy working season-- and the girls and I decided to copycat Jenna  and have a fun little fashion show of what we wore every day.  (Because what woman doesn't like to see what other women are wearing?)



Maddie 
  • halter-dress: yard sale (Target)
  • shoes: Target
  • cardigan: hand-me-down (Target)

Alaine
  • t-shirt: Target
  • jumper: hand-me-down (baby Gap)
  • sandals: hand-me-down (Walmart)

    Just a fun note about Alaine's jumper. For awhile Maddie was the recipient of hand-me-downs from two sisters who got their hand-me-downs from a cousin who got her hand-me-downs from a friend so by the time the jumper got to Alaine, she was sixth little girl to wear it!!
    {Friend -->  Cousin-->  Sister 1-->  Sister 2-->  Maddie-->  Alaine}

Me
  • maxi-dress: Target clearance
  • cardigan: Ross
  • sandals: Shoe Department Encore
  • necklace: birthday gift from my parents...years ago




Maddie

  • dress: hand-me-down (Target)
  • leggings: The Children's Place 

Alaine
  • sweater dress: birthday gift (cc. Bates)
  • leggings: The Children's Place
 
Me

  • maxi-dress: Walmart
  • cardigan: Target clearance
  • watch: birthday gift (Ta Da)
  • earrings: birthday gift (Walmart)


Excuse the odd shadows on our faces that were causing us to make odd expressions...

Maddie

Alaine
  • shirt/shorts: hand-me-downs from same 6-generation source as Thursday's jumper (Old Navy)
  • cardigan: hand-me-down (Target)
 
Me

  • denim capris: Old Navy
  • lace tank: Gap Maternity (!!)
  • blouse: Old Navy clearance
  • bag: Goodwill (Old Navy)



Maddie

  • tunic: birthday gift (Land's End)
  • jeans: Target

Alaine:
  • dress: yard sale (Osh-Kosh)
  • leggings: The Children's Place
 
Me: 

  • shirt: Old Navy (been in my closet for at least six years!)
  • skinnies: Target
  • necklace:  Target







Linking to...

 pleated poppy

5 comments:

  1. Pretty outfits! Love your maxi dresses. Your children are adorable.

    Visiting from Pleated Poppy...
    ~FringeGirl

    thedomesticfringe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!! Love your vacation outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful girls! Lovely outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! Love seeing your outfits. :)

    I got a giggle out of Alaine's crossed arms in that first picture. How cute. :)

    And I really love the necklace you put with the last outfit. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same Walmart Maxi dress except in blues and purples. I bought it and put it on to wear to church. On the ride there I kept thinking, "Wow, it's been a long time since I've worn a dress!" When we were almost there I realized that there's a reason I don't wear dresses...I still have to nurse the baby.

    Thankfully, I made that connection before church and managed to get her fed in private before the service began.

    Now, I'll remember to just wear the dress for date night :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...