Saturday, April 12, 2008

One of my pastimes...

I love to dabble in a variety of projects and crafts. My latest passion is embroidery. My mom and I both ordered this great book from Amazon that is full of embroidery patterns. Most of them are very basic (nothing intricate)-- fruit, flowers, letters, vehicles, etc. It is so simple.  You iron your chosen image onto the fabric and then hand-embroider over the lines.
Sublime Stitching: Hundreds of Hip Embroidery Patterns and How-To by Jenny Hart
At Christmas, I made personalized T-shirts for my 3 kids and all their cousins (11 T-shirts in all). I was a little tired of embroidery by the time I finished. Recently I got enthused about it again and made this shirt for my daughter to wear this summer.


2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! (The shirt too.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so neat! i want to do that! how cool! i love gray's onesie! the pic is so sweet! she looks like your hubbie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...