Friday, July 18, 2008

Up To My Ears in Books!


I recently joined
PaperBackSwap. It is so easy and an excellent place to get rid of books you don't want...and get books you do! All you do is list the books you are giving away. When another member wants your book, you pay the shipping to get it to them and you earn a Book Credit. The fun part comes next! When you find a book you want (over 2 million books are listed!!), simply request it and you pay nothing except one of your saved Book Credits.

As a result of joining this program, I've got a stack of books waiting for me to read. Also, I've gathered a few other books from the library that people have recommended in my
What Are You Reading? feature each month. Add to that a list of books on birth that I want to read in the next month or so and it's a bit overwhelming because I want to read them all NOW!

***

When I posted a few weeks ago about the summer reading I was doing with the kids, I promised to share any new reading treasures we came across. Here are a few gems!



Toddler/Preschool Level

Let's Do That Again!
by Hiawyn Oram











Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam by Hans Wilheim








Elementary Level


Six Dinner Sid by Inga Moore










Cassie's Sweet Berry Pie: A Civil War Story
by Karen B. Winnick












Miss Rumphius
by Barbara Cooney





2 comments:

  1. Miss Rumphius is a favorite of mine that I discovered when I was teaching. Have you read "My Great Aunt Arizona"? I don't remember who wrote that book, but it is similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, me too! I have more books that have arrived than I have had time to read. But at least my bookshelf is full of "to be read" now. I just received 2 more in the mail today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...