Saturday, November 22, 2008

Slingin' Saturday-- Like Mama, Like Daughter

Maddie, like most little girls, wants to imitate her Mama. Since I frequently wore Owen in a sling and now I wear Ben, she wanted to have a sling of her own. Many of the companies that sell slings or other baby carriers also sell a child-sized version, but those were too pricey for my liking, not to mention she didn't want to wait long enough for me to order one. I decided to use what I had on hand to make her sling.

I used a piece of fleece since it is slightly stretchy and you don't have to hem the edges. I cut out a strip about 12 inches by 36 inches. I hand-sewed the two short ends together. After folding it in half long-ways (the same way you fold any pocket sling), it was ready to wear!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea-- and so simple, even I could pull it off. What a sweet photograph...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Great way to use your stuff around the house...and yes, the ones online are ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too precious! What an angel.

    Many blessings -
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Kristin. Thanks for letting me know that you posted about this. Little will be getting one for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...