Friday, January 6, 2012

Losing My Wisdom


Yesterday was the day I had been anticipating (not necessarily in a good way) since November, well actually since I began having tooth pain in July.  It was the day I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed.  My friend, Joanie, asked how this was going to affect my wisdom.  She asked if perhaps I would find a way to funnel it here to my blog! 


I had no idea what to expect, and since I'm a planner to the core, it was hard for me to go into surgery not knowing how I would feel when it was over.  As it turns out, I don't feel too bad.  I'm sore, swollen, and my mouth is extremely stiff, but the pain is minimal.  I am tired, and have been instructed not do anything strenuous for several days.  Since I'm used to managing a household of seven, doing nothing feels odd. Brian has been the ultimate Mr. Mom, though, tackling everything from laundry to meal prep to diaper changes. 


This is also the first time I've been the patient with older children in the house.  While I still have a couple of needy ones who don't understand why they can't jump into Mommy's lap, the older kids have gone out of their way to make this time pleasant and smooth for everyone.      

fancy glass of water from Maddie and Owen

Heart garland, colored and hung on the closet with love
Table decoration, designed by our resident Lego fanatic, Gavin

When I'm feeling a little more chipper, I plan to share a few tips for other moms that might be contemplating dental surgery.  When I was doing research in the days leading up to it, I found virtually no practical advice on how to prepare.   Until then...happy weekend to all! 

   

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're not feeling too badly and pray you'll have a quick and uneventful recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...