Monday, August 18, 2008

28 Reasons To Be Thankful

Since today is my 28th birthday, I thought I would take a few minutes to list a few things I am thankful for (in no particular order)!

1) Air conditioning.
2) Crab cakes, chocolate cake, homemade icecream, Thrasher's fries, pizza...can you tell I'm pregnant?
3) Clean sheets.
4) The opportunity to stay home with my kids.
5) Having a library only a 10 minute drive away.
6) Becoming a follower of Christ at a young age.
7) Mechanical pencils.
8) My minivan.
9) A husband who is a good friend, companion, provider, listener, father...
10) Friends of like-mind and like-faith.
11) God's Word.
12) Fresh eggs and fresh produce from friends.
13) Four daily bursts of sunshine-- my children!
14) Dutch Blitz and Apples to Apples.
15) Our laptop.
16) My parents who shaped me into who I am today.
17) Target.
18) Fall.
19) Yardsales and consignment shops and hand-me-downs.
20) 2 sisters and 3 sisters-in-law who are friends, not just family.
21) Water.
22) My brother who was my playmate growing up, my confidant as a teenager, and the one who taught my kids the "Beans, beans, the musical fruit" song!
23) My sewing basket and its contents.
24) Roller coasters.
25) My red hair.
26) Daisies.
27) Crushed ice.
28) Chick-fil-A.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!!!! What a great way to celebrate 28 yrs! So much to be thankful for!!! I love no. 22.... that song is a regular around our house (unfortunately). The sad thing is that my mom taught Bubbie. :) Oh and I love CFA too! Yummo! Happy Birthday! Hope you have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And WE are thankful for you!!! Happy birthday!
    Love, Mom and Dad, Kati, and Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Happy BELATED birthday!

    Sorry I missed it... hope you had a wonderful time and are enjoying your twenties! lol

    I am 3 years older, but it feels like a zillion!

    God bless-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...