Monday, January 3, 2011

Grooves and Ridges

I gravitate toward what I know.  It's like riding a bicycle down a dirt lane. I avoid the bumps because the well-worn grooves of our school days are comfortable.  Sometimes I need to go off of the smooth path, though, and to venture into new territory.  Sometimes the path I know isn't the easiest anymore or doesn't get us where I want us to go. 

I have been inspired numerous times by ideas mapped out by other blogging and Facebooking mamas.  When I need a new direction, they act as my trip guide, offering tips and inspiration and  new track to follow.  Yet somehow I forget that I may have something to offer, too...and so I'd like to spatter this new year with pictures and phrases from our learning times-- not how-tos, but simple glimpses to inspire and spark your own ideas.  
 
:: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ::

A peek at our dining room wall:  
 
Our missionary map takes no more than a few stickers and a biography a month.  
 
(Local mamas, we are slowly collecting the YWAM's entire missionary series for young readers and are eager to loan out the ones we are finished reading.)

The missionary map.
He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

2 comments:

  1. Great Idea!
    thanks for sharing what you do♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin!

    You have offered me more than 'something' ... I have gained so much from reading your blog, and getting to know you!

    P.S. I LOVE maps and globes! Thanks for sharing!

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...