Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Goal Check-In (with photos)


This is Brian's first week back to work after his long winter off.  It is always, always an adjustment for everyone as we leave party mode and transition into real-life mode which involves Daddy being gone all day and Mama handling the home and childcare responsibilities alone. Plus, Mama is simply not as fun as Daddy, at least not at my house. 

The kids and I were out of the house all day yesterday so the new routine officially begins today. I thought it  would be a good day to evaluate some of the goals I made at the beginning of the year, and set a few more.

I was surprised to discover that I completed every single one of my Short-term Goals!

  • Work on the walls:

    1. Have the 3 boys paint pieces of abstract art for their bedroom wall




    2. Make a large photo poster for our living room wall



    3. Update some of our  frames with more current photos
  • Finish moving our books from boxes to shelves.





  • Attempt some of the ideas on my Winter Pinterest Board  (a few pictures of my projects here)

My Longer-term Goals are still a work in progress. 
  • Run a 5K  in the spring-- I ran a 2 mile race on January 19, but I'm working toward my first 5K (3.1 miles) on April 20th.  After completing a walk-run training program, I worked my way through the original Couch to 5K Training Plan.  Now I'm working on maintaining and increasing speed.

  • Work with the kids on responsibility and finishing tasks to completion-- a big fail so far

  • Potty train Alaine-- I hadn't intended to work on this until spring, but some things in life don't wait! I shared a few details here.

  • Continue to find ways to welcome people into our home-- We've had friends over to play games, eat dinner, share snacks, learn, and celebrate.

  • Have a date night with Brian (at home or out) once a month-- So far, so good!


New and Revised Goals for 2013

Short-term Goals:

  • Learn to change the oil in van...and maybe the wiper blades, too
  • Redesign The Dress for spring
  • Spring clean the house using this plan
  • Print 10-15 baby pictures of Alaine to include in her photo album
  • Run a 5K! 

Longer-term Goals: 
  • Work with the kids on responsibility and finishing tasks to completion
  • Continue to find ways to welcome people into our home
  • Have a date night with Brian (at home or out) once a month 
  • Plan our 2013-2014 school year

How are you doing with your goals this year?  Have you competed any goals?  Have any of your goals changed?  Have you made new ones?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...