Monday, September 28, 2015

The {Almost} Easiest Pizza Sauce... Ever



I say almost because opening a can or jar of pizza sauce is always the easiest, but if you want a delicious sauce where you can pronounce all the ingredients and you don't want to spend extra time in the kitchen, this is the sauce for you!  It's easy enough that my kids can throw it together while I'm rolling out the pizza dough.  

It's a versatile sauce, too.  We use it for all variety of pizzas-- personal pizzas, family-size pizzas, Naan pizzas, French bread pizzas, etc.-- and also in stromboli, with meatballs, or as a dipping sauce for bread sticks.


The {Almost} Easiest Pizza Sauce

1 clove of garlic (or 1 t. minced garlic)
1 T olive oil
1 15 oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes

Saute garlic in olive oil until fragrant and lightly browned.  Scrape garlic into blender or food processor. (Or skip this step all together and put garlic and olive oil directly in blender.)

Add a can of fire-roasted tomatoes on top of the garlic.  Puree until smooth. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I will try this!! I have been wishing for an easy-but-not-jarred sauce to use with Sarah's homemade pizza crust. I still use your tip of brushing on butter/Parm on the edges of the crust. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the crust we use most of the time, too. (I also have another crust recipe that I love, but it's a little more complicated.) And I still use the butter/Parmesan every time because it is so good. This sauce just makes it all even better. :-)

      Delete
  2. We love pizza at our home, Kristin. Your sauce sounds like a winner that I should try. Thank you. Also after reading about using butter and parmesan on the edge of the crust, I know you know pizza! Sounds delish! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...