Friday, May 21, 2010

Strengthening the Will

My mom has written recently of being nudged by noble ideas in literature.  Last night I sat in my rocking chair after tucking Benjamin into bed.  While waiting for him to drift to sleep and while I read a chapter of Little Men, a swirl of words wrapped around my mind, urging me to go back and re-read.  What a thought to ponder and what a high standard to set for ourselves in training our little ones:


Being early taught the secret of self-control, he was not left at the mercy of appetities and passions, as some poor little mortals are, and then punished for yielding to the temptations against which they have no armor. 


6 comments:

  1. Oh, that's VERY good. Thanks for sharing. So true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy I found you! Your blog is so uplifting~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an award for you at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fonly I could get there! Beautiful words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great reminder!!! If only I had learned self control as a little one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...