Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Hope of Glory

We had a rare moment of conversation alone, Gavin and I.

Outside inhaling the hint of spring, I perched on the stoop, thumbing through the mail. Benjamin bounced on my knee, sucking my knuckle. Gavin and his bicycle skidded to a stop, just missing my toes.


"Mama, do 'S' and his grandmother love God?"

Mail forgotten. "Well, Gavin, I hope so...but I don't know."

Tears welling in his eyes, he continued, "But what will happen if they don't? My best friend might go to Hell and I'll never see him again...Mama, the next time we see them, tell them God loves them."


Lord, give me the passion, the urgency. "...making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:16)

Kristin

5 comments:

  1. Oh, boy. Our little ones sure do teach us a few things, don't they? May I, too, have more urgency to share the live giving Gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special moment! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how priceless...how beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. This one got me. I adore how thoughtful, honest, and blunt our children are.

    What a blessing your babies are!!!

    God bless-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin, Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll add yours to my reader. You seem like you have a very sweet and inspiring family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...