Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Summer Dress


Since Memorial Day is the un-official start of summer and we hit 90 degrees today, Alaine debuted her summer version of The Dress at our afternoon Sunday cookout. 


This time my design was inspired by a link my sister sent me.  Between a few scraps of fabric from my own stash and a little shopping at Hobby Lobby, I pulled the flower together easily.



To make this look summery and light, I dropped the T-shirt that she wore underneath for fall and winter and I added capri-length lacy pale pink leggings. 



















 




I am more determined than ever to keep The Dress Project going until this dress is too small or turns to rags!  This floppy flower should take us through August, but I'm already thinking of ideas for the fall.  Any suggestions for the next design?  I'm even thinking of adding a layer of fabric or ruffles along the hem.  I'd love your opinions and links and pins



1 comment:

  1. I think the Dress Project is so cute! I haven't gotten any pictures, but I've been redecorating my daughter's dress (same one from Old Navy) with new embellishments too. Would you be interested in my daughter's when she outgrows it as a hand-me-down of sorts for Alaine? I want to see what else you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...