Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Winter Dress


Okay.  So after my informal poll, I decided to continue re-creating Alaine's All-Purpose Dress.  Afterall, if you can make one simple, cotton Target dress last from June to who-knows-when, why not do it, right?!   The main issue was how to embellish the dress after I removed the red felt Christmas-y flower.  Babychaser suggested something in a winter white...Kathi mentioned a snowflake...but I liked Allyson's idea best of all.  She said to use an aqua-blue yarn pom-pom so I grabbed the closest color I could find in my yarn bag which was an icy blue.  I stayed up until 1 am learning to make a yarn pom-pom.  First it was too big, then it was too sparse...then it was just right.

I love the new look!  Definitely wintery and cozy.  Of course, I mentioned that a girl must change up her look somehow if she is going to wear the same shirt over and over again.  Since Alaine has gone through a bit of a growth spurt and the ruffly feminine jeans that she wore when this was a Christmas shirt now rest above her ankle and are therefore being retired, we are pairing the winter version of this shirt with a pair of soft tan corduroys. 


Now the new question is, can she wear this in February, too?  I'm thinking yes.  And what should be the next embellishment ?   






: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :

Linking to...

3 comments:

  1. I love the pom-poms. So cute!

    I think you should continue to reuse until it no longer fits! I think something heart related for February.

    This one looks so easy and is super cute: http://pinterest.com/pin/10766486578923981/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!
    I'm voting for something bright pink {fushia-ish maybe?} for February.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Allyson. Keep on re-doing it until it no longer fits...or it disintegrates! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...