Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Different Side of Gardening


Yesterday, I talked about literal gardening.  Today, I turn philosophical.

Last week, my friend, Kim, shared this Robert Louis Stevenson quote as her Facebook status. 


"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap,
but by the seeds you plant."



After a particularly defeating day-- one of those days where there were tears over spelling lessons and more complaining than cheerfulness-- the quote spoke to me.  I'm planning to display it on my kitchen chalkboard for awhile as a daily reminder that the seeds planted in little hearts must be tended slowly and carefully.

Later in the week, my mom shared an article on her Facebook page that reinforced the idea.  Perhaps you will be encouraged, too.

Lessons From Frog and Toad: A Growing Time  @ from Simply Charlotte Mason


2 comments:

  1. Amen :-) Love this post and article.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Needed this today!! LOVED the lesson from Frog and Toad. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...