Monday, May 11, 2009

These Days...

I stretched out on the floor with Benjamin this morning. He faced me on his hands and knees, rocking back and forth, trying to determine how to move forward. I grinned at him and held out my hand, hoping to draw him towards me. He collapsed onto his belly and grasped my outstretched fingers. I held his drool-dampened hand as long as he would let me. Eventually, he scooted backwards (a skill he has mastered!) to his basket of blocks, but I remained...pondering...

These days will never return. Once he learns to crawl, never again will I need to coax him to make that move. To think three of the babies who once wiggled in my arms... and then crawled... and then walked... can now run... and climb trees! These days are ever changing. Once they pass, they are never mine again.

Kristin

4 comments:

  1. You are right to appreicate the moment...

    God bless!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to make me cry?

    A great reminder to cherish every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the reminder this brings. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did read this the other day... a great reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...