Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What Are You Reading?

I've given up on making this a regular feature. Knowing that I have a tendency to obsess and knowing I must keep my priorities in line, committing to a once-a-month column was not what I needed!

But our passion for books has not gone the way of the discontinued column! If anything, it has increased, and as school is winding down for the year, we are eeking out more time for pleasure reading. We began the real, true, non-Disney version of Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne last week and hearing the children's belly laughs at Pooh's antics have been priceless! "Oh, help!"

I'm finding that in this season of sticking close to home, outings that must to be scheduled around naps are often outings that are too much trouble with only one set of adult hands. Recently, though, with the freedom of spring, we've managed to come out of our imposed hibernation for an errand-run one morning a week. We've been refreshed by once again making a regular visit to the library.

In lieu of a What's Going On? feature every month, I will continue to put books on my sidebar bookshelf that hit a chord in our reading time. I am careful to only include books that we think are excellent and books that the children ask to read repeatedly, not just any book we happen to bring home. Brian and I continue amass a pile of books to read on our own, too, but again, I only include books on the bookshelf that we feel are worthy of a special mention. (I'd love to hear what you think of my bookshelf. Do you ever find books for your own family or do you enjoy seeing our gems or do you even notice it?!)

And as always, I would love to hear of your reading discoveries-- books that have touched your heart or your funny bone. You just may find your recommendation on my bookshelf some day! Happy reading!

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I like your book shelf feature and often check it out for new read-aloud ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...