Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Aroma of Christ


“For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.” (2 Corinthians 2:15


“I want to be like you, Mama.” She says this as I loop her apron strings into a bow around her waist. She fingers my apron and beams. “Now we look alike.” She turns to look up at me with the clear blue eyes like her Daddy’s. Minus her rounded nose and flowing hair, she looks far more like her Daddy than me, but our matching red apple aprons and this rare time alone in the kitchen is enough for her.

Sometimes I think I should be more like her, she whose every move is exacted slowly, carefully. Carefully, she chooses a dress from her closet. Carefully, she folds her nightgown and returns it to its place. Carefully, she brushes each tooth. Carefully, she glides her pencil across the page of her alphabet book. Carefully, she folds the napkins into triangles for meals. She is never in hurry, but she never hesitates to stand up for truth! Me? I scurry through my days but freeze amidst confrontation...



To continue reading, please click here to join me at Internet Cafe Devotions.

2 comments:

  1. THe picture with this is perfect...the words are poetry... oh Kristen. I could read your words forever!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...