Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Thrifty Thursday: A Final Word


With August over and the unofficial days of summer wrapping up on Labor Day, I thought I would  type out a few lines to share some final thoughts on the thrifty lifestyle.  It is always wise to remember that what works for one person, may not work for another.  What a mom of two is able to do to save money may not be what the mom of six is able to do.  What the mom with grown children does to save money may not be practical for the mom whose house is full of littles.  I think it is so important to remember our own current season of life.  I am speaking to myself, too.  It is so easy to compare myself to another and wonder  how she has time to coupon when I can barely get to the store to pick up a gallon of milk! 

Seasons can be short seasons, too.  While normally I do not buy paper plates or plastic cups, we realized after Benjamin was born what a blessing it was to eat dinner and throw away the mess without worrying about dishes for a few weeks.  It certainly cost more money, but it saved a lot of stress and created a more peaceful time of adjustment for our family. 


So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
1 Corinthians 10:31


2 comments:

  1. Lovely final words and SO true! I am slowly learning about the "seasons" right now....sometimes its hard to swallow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this reminder.

    Thanks also for your list of Biblical teaching resources. We've ordered the 365 Bible stories book and two of the My Coloring Bible books for Emahry and Jonathan. I also appreciated you reminder at the end of that post that you've done these over years and not all at once.

    Thank you so much for being real!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...