Monday, April 27, 2015

Like Mother, Like Son




Growing up, I remember going on family vacations and always, always bringing along a book.  It wasn't just that I brought it with me in the car (and in the hotel room and to various sites...), but I almost always had my book open.  It was a small source of frustration for my dad who would say something along the lines of, "We're at James Buchanan's birthplace..." or "We're on Skyline Drive...and all Kristin is doing is reading her book!"

This weekend, the kids and I were spectators while Brian ran a 5K race.  (More on that in another post.)

While some of us watched, cheered, enjoyed the race atmosphere, and tried to stay warm in the early-morning chill...Gavin read a book.
Waiting at the 2-mile mark to catch a glimpse of Brian...

...and later at the finish line.

Like mother, like son.

2 comments:

  1. I always had a book with me too! Couldn't get enough of reading whatever book I was reading! I have a few like me too!

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...