Saturday, July 19, 2008

An Apron Full of Memories

I found this idea for making an apron out of an old dress. I though it was so cool...especially when I got thinking. There is this dress that has been sitting in my closet for years now without being worn. It is slightly out of style, but I didn't want to get rid of it because it is the dress I wore to the church the day of my wedding before putting on my wedding gown. It has too many memories.


Now I had a way to save the dress and even be able to wear it...just in an modified form. I found some coordinating (and inexpensive) ribbon at Walmart and spent an afternoon cutting, pinning and sewing. This is the final result. I would model it, but it doesn't have the same look over a 6 month pregnant belly!



3 comments:

  1. Neat-o! I would need an apron that had a bib attached, however, as I always splash my shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea, and a cute apron!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...