Friday, September 23, 2011

Comfort Food Friday (the details)

 

Is it okay to admit that I think one of the best parts of the autumn season is the food?  I love the cool days, cooler nights, and the vividly colored leaves, but I also get excited when I can turn on my oven again without sweating.  The smell of autumn food is simply heavenly.  I thought it would be fun to turn on our ovens together this fall and share the recipes that make us feel good inside-- our go-to comfort recipes.  You know the ones. 
  
Here is how it will work.  Each Friday morning in October, I'll post a favorite recipe from the week's category.  You share your own comfort recipe on your own blog, adding your link to the bottom of my weekly post so everyone can find you.  If you don't have a blog, you can still join the fun by typing your recipe in the comments. 

October 7: Breakfast Week
October 14: Main Dish Week
October 21: Side Dish Week
October 28: Dessert Week


I'm looking forward to the next four weeks of ooey-gooey comfort goodness.  (To include a photo with my recipe, I have to first make the recipe and then eat the recipe!  It's a win-win.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! Sounds good!!!

    I love warm comfort foods. I also love baking but rarely do any during the hot summer months.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...