Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Puppets at Christmas


I love how much my kids love to create and do art projects so I make an effort to surprise them with a new idea every few weeks.   I know many moms, though, struggle to bring out the art supplies or find the time (or energy) to wax creative... and that's okay!  Remember, nobody is having fun when you are losing your cool!

Maybe this Christmas, instead, you could try a creative activity that does not require glue, Play-Doh, glitter, or anything messy. 


I printed  free Christmas ornaments from Wild Olive on white cardstock, but instead of inserting hooks to hang them on our tree, I hot-glued popsicle sticks onto their backs to create a set of fun little puppets.  I printed both the Nativity set and the Santa set, though we play with them separately.  (It just doesn't seem right for the shepherds to be in the same story as the Nutcracker.)


These were so fun, easy, and inexpensive that I made a few extra sets to give as small gifts.

This, though, is a win-win for everyone.  Sure, the puppets will take a minute to assemble, but most of the work is done for you and the fun part is watching imagination come to life.








3 comments:

  1. I hope they enjoy playing with these characters! And thanks for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! These would be perfect for Miss M's little 2 year old Sunday School class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent idea!

    maybe good for a small change from bible story/bible song during kindergarten corner ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...