Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Tuesday


We ushered in Christmas week with a flurry of excitement.  We finished up school work and put the (school) books away until February.  Brian worked his last day of work for the season and put his work boots and lunch box away until February.  We visited the Christmas lights display at the beach, had our just-the-seven-of-us Christmas dinner, cleaned the house from one side to the other, and had our Christmas Eve game-playing marathon.  Then we had a whirlwind Christmas Day of visiting with my family and Brian's. 






This week, we are welcoming a slower pace, though it is hard to develop a new normal after all the excitement of the holiday.  Today the kids begged Brian and me to play each other in The Game of Life on Wii.  I zoomed around in my cartoon car, with a doctor's salary and no children.  Brian worked at a much lower salary and had four kids.  When it was clear I was going to win, I said, "Well, you're broke as a joke with a car full of kids.

"Yep," he laughed.  "That's the story of my life."


{A Tuesday afternoon}

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Brian's response! :-D
    (Although he's rich in many ways, of course.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...