Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Joggermom Marathon: Week 4-- Running Plans for Everyone


Progress:  For the 4th week of May, I logged 14.7 miles.  I ran another 2.9 miles early this morning  and I'm now taking a 2 day running break in anticipation of my race on June 1.  That brings my May total to 53.8 miles. I've run the marathon twice!

Joggermom Marathon | 42DaystoFit.com


Plans to Get Started: I will be the first to say that running is not for everyone.  I never thought it would be for me either, but once I began to challenge myself, I got hooked.  Brian tried running for awhile and we even ran a 2-mile race together in January, but his work schedule and an injury put him out of commission. 

That being said, if you want to give running a try, there is no reason why you shouldn't give it a go.  When I started running at the end of September, I couldn't run for more than a minute at a time and a 30 minute run-walk work-out left me exhausted.  I discovered that there are training plans for all fitness levels and your current level of fitness should not deter you! 

(The plans I used are highlighted in bold.) 

Need to get in shape with walking?
Try Prevention Magazine's All Walk Program or the Hal Higdon Walking Program

Want the challenge of running with plenty of walk breaks?
Try Prevention Magazine's Walk-Run Program or Mayo Clinic's Training Schedule for Beginners

Ready to rev it up a bit?
Try Prevention Magazine's Run-Walk Program

Already physically fit, but want to ease into running?
Try Prevention Magazine's All Run Program

Want to be 5K ready 9 weeks from now?
Try the Couch-to-5K  Running Plan

Already a casual runner but want to work up to 3 miles? 
Try the Hal Hidgon Novice Training Plan







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...