Friday, May 3, 2013

The Dinner Everyone Will Eat




A few weeks ago I ran my first 5K and then had company for dinner later that same day. When I made those plans I said to Brian, "I wonder if I'll regret planning two big things for one day." 

My mom commented, "I am in awe of you...running a 5K and then having company for dinner. I am tired and achy just thinking about it." 

Since both things were important to me, I wanted to make it work and to enjoy doing it.  I cleaned the house the day before so after the race, I only needed to focus on cooking something for dinner. I chose this easy but super tasty recipe. 





Lunch Meat Wraps


1 package of frozen bread dough (3 loaves)
1 pound lunch meat (we used honey ham and roast beef)
1½ pounds deli-sliced cheese (we used provolone and yellow cheddar)

Thaw the bread and let it rise according to package directions.  I used the quick-rise method.

Preheat the oven to 350.

Roll one loaf out into a 10x15 inch rectangle.



Arrange of the cheese on the dough and layer of the meat over the cheese.



Fold in the sides like you would for a large stromboli (directions here).



Repeat for each loaf of bread.  Bake on a greased cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes.


Note: I claimed in my post title that everyone will eat this, but maybe you have a picky eater.  Even my  pickiest of picky eaters enjoys this meal, though.  He is the first to grab the end pieces that are just bread and cheese-- a glorified grilled cheese sandwich! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...