Friday, October 10, 2008

A Few More Details...

I thought it was about time to share more about my upcoming winter contest! I love babywearing. I didn't have a lot of success with Gavin. I was given a sling when he was about 5 months old and he didn't seem to enjoy being held that tightly. When Maddie came along, I was more determined to get her to like it. For one thing, with Gavin being less than 2, I needed the extra hand to take care of him while still holding her. She loved it and we used the sling until it became too uncomfortable to hold her in it while pregnant with Owen. By the time, Owen was born, I was hooked on babywearing. I used the sling at home while cooking and cleaning, and I never went out without it. I ended up buying a sling just to keep in the van so I would never be caught without!

With Baby Benjamin due anytime, I've been busy collecting slings again! I have quite a collection built up and I plan to begin reviewing the different brands and styles on my blog this fall and winter. That brings me to my contest! With so many slings, I've decided to share the wealth. Sometime this winter, I will be hosting a giveaway. You veteran babywearers will get a chance to add another to your collection. Or maybe those who have never tried babywearing will get a chance to begin something new. Or maybe you can win a sling to give as a baby gift to a new mom!

Can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to this. I love baby wearing. I keep the majority of my slings in the car and one in the house as a just in case. I love the flexibility of it. We still use the stroller, but near as much as we did before baby wearing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me! I haven't really tried one... only the more structered baby Bjorn ones... but I would like too sometime!

    Great idea!

    God bless-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love babywearing as well. I used a ring sling with Lucy for a really long time. Then I made a mei tai for her until a friend gave me an Ergo.

    With Ben I used a Moby wrap and the ring sling for the first few months, then just the ring sling, and now either the Ergo or Beco. Tandem nursing and babywearing relaly helped me transition to two kiddos.

    By the way, I didn't realize you were having a Benjamin. Lovely name. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...