Monday, October 6, 2008

Learning Patience

For some reason, I am having a more difficult time waiting at the end of this pregnancy than I have at the end of my other pregnancies. Maybe it is because Owen was born early (in fact, had already been born by this point)... Maybe it is because I am so uncomfortable and am ready to have a baby in my arms, not my belly...

Regardless of the reason, I have been really grumpy and down the past week or so. Thankfully, not being pregnant himself :-), Brian has a little more perspective on the situation. A few mornings, I have woken up and said, "Ugh! Another day..." and he will respond, "Yes, another day closer."

I read a scripture this week on one of my not-so-good days that really convicted me. Psalm 84:2 says, "My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God." Shouldn't HE be what I'm longing for-- even more than my desire to birth my baby?

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes... I wake up some mornings with that same thought...Ugh! But you are so right... our days should be filled with joy for who HE is and for getting to spend eternity with HIM!!! I'm praying for you chick! You can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweety... you sure do have the right idea! But, speaking as a pregnant women, it is SO HARD to not be obsessed with this chld growing and moving and LIVING inside of you! God understands your excitement and anticipation... I am sure of it!

    Be good to yourself...you are such a precious child of His.

    Many blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Kristin! Your baby will be here soon. Just think, you can't be pregnant forever :) Enjoy sleeping while you can & get lots of cleaning done. I'm being plagued by a disorganized house right now since I didn't get everything done before Jonathan decided to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was having a hard time with the same thing when I was overdue with Maddie. I opened the Bible for some comfort and the first verse my eyes fell on was Psalm 27:14 - "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." More waiting was not what I had in mind, but his timing is perfect! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...