Sunday, October 19, 2008

Life Around Here

Ben is now 9 days old! I can't believe how fast the time is flying. I told Brian before Ben was born that I wanted to take the time to really appreciate every day this time. With my other kids, I got so overwhelmed with housework and what needed to be done that the first few months passed in a blur. Thankfully, God is answering my prayer and I am loving every minute of this life with our new blessing!

The transition this time has been the easiest by far. The older kids are old enough to help and even hold Ben for short periods of time while I fix a snack or go to the bathroom. Ben is a very laid back baby. He is the first of my kids to not nurse every hour! It is more like every 2 hours for him. He is also the first of my kids to really sleep somewhere other than my arms. This morning, I put him in his Moses basket (or "Jesus bed," as Maddie says) while Brian and I cleaned the upstairs. After lunch, he took a nap in it while I bathed, too. What a luxury. He sleeps in bed with us at night so I'm right there if he needs to nurse. As a result, I feel rested during the day. Maybe this will all change tomorrow when Brian goes back to work and I'm on my own, but for now...

I am happy to report that there has been NO sibling rivalry in this house. The only rivalry has been the arguing over who gets to hold Ben next!! I believe that a lot of kids have sibling rivalry and jealousy because it is expected of them. Most kids love having a new baby in the house! My kids certainly do. Gavin has already asked when we are going to have another baby. He says we need 100 babies.


Holding my 2 baby boys




Bonding with Baby Ben

"Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that things are going so great for you! I hope things keep going smoothly once your hubby goes back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you tomorrow when Brian goes back to work. Lord willing Ben will continue to be the easiest baby so far! Lovin' the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so happy that things are going so well for yoU!! You are so blessed and I know the Lord is just loving wathcing this time between you and your family!

    Can't wait to see more great pictures and get updates!

    God bless-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...