Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Dress: a new look for autumn


The Dress is back for fall!  Actually, we've moved on to The Dress 2  since the original was getting worn.  Wearing the same dress for 2 years will do that!

(A quick background: my sister-in-law sent Alaine a hand-me-down dress in the summer of 2011.  I changed it up a bit and extended its wear into fall and winter, too.  By then I was on a roll!  I refashion it for spring  and summer 2012.  By now Alaine had been wearing the same dress for a year so I added a ruffle at the bottom to give it length  for fall.  We skipped winter, but The Dress got yet another new look for spring 2013! My sister-in-law sent along the same dress in a bigger size-- she has two girls!-- so now we're ready to work with that one.)

For fall 2013, I wanted something a little more unique.  I hate to admit that I'm getting a little tired of looking at the same dress.  This time, instead of adding length, I took some off to make The Dress more of a tunic length. 


The flower embellishment was droopy and tended to fold inward so I sewed a matching button in its center to keep the petals open. 



I stitched a brightly colored sash to go around the waist and attached 2  loops to hold it in place on the sides
.  


My model didn't want her photo shoot to end so as I proceeded to fold laundry instead, she sprawled out on the floor and looked up at me with a winning grin.  I couldn't resist.  The photo is slightly blurry, but it's priceless!







3 comments:

  1. So, so cute! I love the new look! How sweet that she didn't want her photo shoot to end. She's such a little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dress looks so cute as a tunic. I love that sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...