Tuesday, October 30, 2012

31 Days, 31 Smiles {Day 30}: These Are A Few of My Favorite Comments



I loved all the feedback from my readers this month!  Today I'm sharing some of my favorite comments from throughout the month, hoping that you gain encouragement, too! 


On tidying the house together...

Babychaser@ Chasing Babies...Growing in Grace said,  "Something I've tried recently is a race... not the usual kid pit against kid race, but them against me. Sometimes it's 'see if you can get the living room picked up before I have lunch made' or 'dishes done' or whatever. The kids think it is great fun and I don't have to keep reminding them to be helping."


Joanie@Thankful Every Day said, "I used the race method too and also found that picking up 9 things 9 times (since you are 9) was perceived as fun, except for me! Thirty-two, forty-six, and fifty things fifty times just loses its appeal!"



Jenna@ Delighting in Today said, "My living area {and since we have an open floor plan that includes living room, family room, dining room, foyer} was looking very "child-loved" just 15 minutes ago. I wanted it picked up, and I remembered your super-sonic cleaning. I set the timer for 15 minutes and told the boys it was super-sonic and to go as fast as they could. I did the same {but maybe not at their same crazy pace!}. They LOVED it!!!! In probably about 10 minutes all of those areas were picked up! YAY! Something that might normally drag on for quite awhile was done at super-sonic speed, and this is one happy mama and two happy boys. :) Had to pop in an tell you that we LOVED that idea and it worked great for us! Thanks!"




On crazy days...


Joy@Joy in the Morning
said,  "When a day is starting to go truly off the rails before the craziness of the dinner hour-- the benefit of stopping for 'tea time' aka milk & cookies for the kids and something yummy for mommy to drink too!"

Allyson@All Our Days said, "I'm also grabbing the minutes as they're available. I have to remember that if I wait to get absolutely everything done, I'd be waiting until our home is an empty nest."




On planning a surprise...

Jessica@Quirky Bookworm said, "Once, a few weeks ago, we got Eleanor all ready for bed, and then to her surprise, popped her pajama-clad self into the stroller, gave her a flashlight, and went for a stroll around our dark neighborhood. It was only about a 15 minute walk, so it didn't delay bedtime much, but she thought it was the best thing ever."




On bath time...

Hannah@Supermommy!...or Not said, "My kids love it when I blow bubbles for them while they're in the bathtub."


~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In tomorrow's post,  I'll announce the winners of the "Having Fun Withouth Losing Your Cool" Giveaway, and share my final thoughts. 




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link!! Hope you guys are safe... and have power! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easy to miss comments on blogs if they're written after I've read the post, so it's fun to see them here! Thanks for sharing one of mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...